3DVIA V6 Lifelike Experience
At a glance
3DVIA Composer revolutionizes the product documentation process for enterprises of all sizes:
Reuses digital product definition data, including 3D design data and BOM information. This allows enterprises to quickly and easily automate their deliverable production processes while reducing costs and improving quality. With its ability to automatically update content, 3DVIA Composer enables rich and interactive product documentation to be produced concurrently with the design of the product.
Delivers product information “everyware”
- Its easy-to-use desktop content-creation system allows 3DVIA Composer to quickly and easily automate the creation of assembly and disassembly procedures, technical illustrations, interactive 3D animations, training materials, marketing materials, sales tools, and more.
- A lightweight, open, XML-based architecture allows non-technical users to create associative 2D and 3D product deliverables directly from digital product data.
- By seamlessly incorporating BOM data in the output deliverables, 3DVIA Composer supports users in sales, marketing, customer service, training, support, and manufacturing.
Offers immediate productivity with long term value
- 3DVIA Composer is desktop-based in order to deliver immediate end-user productivity. An ideal complement to familiar content-creation tools, such as Microsoft Office applications, HTML and PDF, 3DVIA Composer is easy to learn and use. For content consumers, 3DVIA Composer eliminates the need to learn a new desktop tool to access accurate and up-to-date deliverables. 3DVIA Composer ties desktop and enterprise systems together for both content consumers and content creators. Because it has an XML-based architecture, 3DVIA Composer can be easily integrated with any enterprise information system, including PLM and enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications.
- 3DVIA Composer can be quickly and easily deployed on users’ desktops without the need for expensive back-end infrastructures, either with or without integration with PLM and ERP systems.
- 3DVIA Composer is the only system that delivers immediate return on investment while simultaneously being a valuable long-term integration platform that ensures consistency and accuracy across documentation processes.
Provides a complete system for maximum productivity
- 3DVIA Composer is a desktop application for revolutionizing the creation of product deliverables. It provides a single, easy-to-learn and use application designed for end users. 3DVIA Composer does not require CAD knowledge or training. Intelligent views permit complex product procedures to be effectively communicated using a minimum of text. Views can be annotated and labeled in any way the user wishes. In addition, 3DVIA Composer allows users to create styles that can be applied to any content to ensure visual consistency.
- Animations including kinematics and reverse-kinematics, as well as high-resolution raster image formats, such as BMP, JPG, PNG, and TIF files, can be created easily. Producing 2D line art as SVG and CGM files is quick and easy with 3DVIA Composer’s built-in technical illustration capabilities.
- Product information stored in ENOVIA can be directly accessed using the power of ENOVIA 3DLive. Users can visually navigate and filter the 3D product configuration and then import it into 3DVIA Composer to create or update documentation projects.
- 3DVIA Composer allows users to control and manage access to their intellectual property in 3DVIA Composer-generated deliverables. Using rights management settings, content creators can manage access control when playing content with 3DVIA Composer Player and can also use patented Secure3D technology to prevent copying or theft of the intellectual property.
- Interactive content can also be directly published to 3DVIA.com, where users can experience the content online.
- 3DVIA Composer Player, a free utility, allows content creators to distribute 3DVIA Composer content to any end user with the same high performance as 3DVIA Composer. More robust than a simple viewer, 3DVIA Composer Player offers content consumers a highly interactive experience with product deliverables
- 3DVIA Composer Player Pro offers a powerful API to allow users to query, manipulate, interact, and display–in real time–3DVIA Composer content integrated with data originating from external sources. This enables the development of 3D interactive custom applications, creating lifelike experiences anywhere the 3DVIA Composer Player ActiveX can be used.
- 3DVIA Sync and 3DVIA Enterprise Sync deliver sophisticated, XML-based associativity between 3DVIA Composer and any number of enterprise systems. With 3DVIA Sync, changes in metadata, geometry, BOMs, or manufacturing information can be updated on the desktop in 3DVIA Composer deliverables, guaranteeing accurate and consistent information. 3DVIA Enterprise Sync offers all of the capabilities of 3DVIA Sync plus the ability to control the processes through a command-line interface, allowing sophisticated integrations to be implemented quickly.
- 3DVIA Check and 3DVIA Path Planning make product deliverables more useful and instructive by validating that the procedures can actually be performed in the real world. 3DVIA Check offers dynamic and static clash detection, allowing users to quickly qualify service and assembly procedures. 3DVIA Path Planning can automatically create assembly and disassembly paths for parts and subassemblies to avoid collisions with the rest of the assembly. 3DVIA Path Planning allows content creators to plan and guarantee access to components within the assembly to service or repair them.