Engineering Lead/ Quality Focal
Jason has a Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace) (Hons) and Bachelor of Business (Management) from RMIT. As Engineering Lead, Jason provides engineering services and technical support in both the Fleet Technical Management and the greater aviation industry whilst working under AS9100D Aerospace Quality Standards. Additional to Engineering Lead duties, Jason is Memko’s Quality Focal adding the responsibilities of:
- Maintaining and continuously improving the MEMKO Quality Management System, ensuring on-going compliance to the internationally recognised AS9100D Aerospace Quality Standard.
- Monitoring and maintaining an internal audit programme to ensure on-going regulatory and quality compliance.
Jason has provided engineering and manufacturing support on a variety of aircraft including the Air Tractor, A320, A321, B737, B787, Beechcraft B200/300, C-26, C404, C441, CT4A/B, DHC-6, DHC-8, Dornier 228, EMB 120, Fokker 100, Fokker F27, and F-35.
Main projects and tasks undertaken include:
- Drafting and review of Engineering Orders for aviation modifications and repairs under CASR Part 21M
- Airworthiness compliance validation and other engineering services including entry in to service (EIS) for major airline with national and international regulating bodies
- Provided engineering and manufacturing support for F-35 Joint Strike Fighter
- Lead of engineering team providing engineering services for End of Lease (EOL) project for number of aircraft within commercial aviation sector
- Management of team of subject matter experts in multi-faceted project covering both civil and military sectors. Duties included project planning, budgeting, and operations management.
- Management duties in the development of numerous training packages for aviation clients
- Thesis on the ‘Optimisation of the vertical wing of a box-winged airliner’ concept aircraft using aerodynamic design, modelling and simulation software to optimise the design of an integral part of the wing structure to maximise aircraft efficiency
- Concept design of a water-bombing UAV
Software experience includes: AutoCad, MatLab, Athena Vortex Lattice, Solidworks, CATIA V5, PATRAN, NASTRAN, ENOVIA, TRAX, STREAM, Articulate Storyline 2