Engineering Lead/ Quality Focal
Jason has a Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace) (Hons) and Bachelor of Business (Management) from RMIT. As Engineering Lead, Jason provides technical support and engineering services in both the Fleet Technical Management and the greater aviation industry whilst working under AS9100C Aerospace Quality Standards. Additional to Engineering Lead duties Jason has been assigned Quality Focal responsibilities which include:
- Maintaining and continuously improving the MEMKO Quality Management System, ensuring on-going compliance to the internationally recognised AS9100C Aerospace Quality Standard.
- Monitoring and maintaining an internal audit programme to ensure on-going regulatory and quality compliance.
Jason has provided engineering and manufacturing support on a variety of aircraft including the A320, A321, Fokker 100, F-35, CT4B, F27 Mk50, C441, DHC-8-100, DHC-6, and B787.
Projects undertaken include:
- Airworthiness compliance validation and other engineering services including entry in to service (EIS) for major airline with national and international regulating bodies
- Provided engineering and manufacturing support for F-35 Joint Strike Fighter
- Management of team of subject matter experts in multi-faceted project covering both civil and military sectors. Duties included project planning, budgeting, and operations management.
- Lead of engineering team providing engineering services for End of Lease (EOL) project for number of aircraft within commercial aviation sector
- Involved in the drafting and review of Engineering Orders for aviation modification and repairs under CASR Part 21M
- Management duties in the development of numerous training packages for aviation clients
- Thesis on the ‘Optimisation of the vertical wing of a box-winged airliner’ concept aircraft using aerodynamic design, modelling and simulation software to optimise the design of an integral part of the wing structure to maximise aircraft efficiency
- Design of a concept water-bombing UAV
Software experience includes: AutoCad, MatLab, Athena Vortex Lattice, Solidworks, CATIA V5, PATRAN, NASTRAN, ENOVIA, TRAX, STREAM, Articulate Storyline 2