Mark has more than 30 years in the aviation industry. Starting as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer at Trans Australian Airlines he progressed to become a LAME at Australian Airlines, and then into management at Qantas, Virgin, John Holland Aviation Services and now serves as a Technical Manager. Mark has extensive management experience and has also gained an Executive MBA, which he completed at RMIT.
Mark has been involved in:
• Development of systems of maintenance for Boeing 737-3/4/5/6/7/8, Airbus A300B4, Embraer 170/190 aircraft, including working with Boeing on the consolidated maintenance program for the 737CL.
• Aircraft detailed specification development and aircraft purchase agreement experience.
• Aircraft acceptance from Manufacturers and Lessors.
• Aircraft delivery and return inspections for airlines and lease companies.
• Aircraft Lease returns management and technical representation.
• CASA instrument of appointment (while with Virgin) for the issuance of Standard Certificate of Airworthiness, Export Certificate of Airworthiness and Special Flight permits. Currently undergoing refresher training to regain this approval under memko.
• Managed heavy maintenance involving checks from C through D checks, aircraft major repairs, modifications, repaints and End of Lease checks.