PLM Solutions Engineer
Mohamed has received a Bachelor of Engineering (advanced manufacturing and mechatronics) in 2012 and PhD degree from RMIT University in 2012 and 2016. His postgraduate research focused on developing, simulating and implementing algorithms to improve the safety, efficiency and passenger comfort of autonomous vehicles.
Mohamed’s experience includes:
- Authored 17 research papers, including papers published in IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Journal of Vibration and Control, & Progress in Aerospace Sciences.
- Developed an open source library for randomised motion planning.
- Lead the development of two unmanned aerial multi-rotors for maritime security purposes in a collaborative project with RMIT University & DST Group.
- Designing the motion planning algorithm for RMIT University’s autonomous soaring drone.
- Member of the organising committee for the Australian Micro Aerial Vehicle competition.
- Lecturer for Engineering Unmanned Aircraft Systems, and Industrial Systems and Environment courses at RMIT University.
- Tutor for Mechatronic Design at RMIT University.
- Lead RMIT University entries in the Autonomous Ground Vehicle and NI Autonomous Robot Competitions.
Software Experience: Python, Matlab, C/C++, ABB Rapid, LabView