At a glance
In the electrical domain, the CATIA Equipment portfolio delivers a dedicated electromechanical end-to-end solution for designing and documenting electrical modules in all industries that design electric, electronic, and electromechanical components. It reduces time and cost for creating electrical modules directly in the digital mock-up, avoiding interferences and creating up-to-date manufacturing documentation.
In the piping and tubing domain, CATIA Equipment provides general layout tools for intelligent placement of parts. A full set of routing and parts placement methods allow users to choose the one that is right for a given context. Integration with the knowledge rules engine allows automation of the design process and ensures that company standards are followed throughout the design process. The product’s comprehensive and flexible setup functions include an easy way to define project standards and catalogs that help users get into production rapidly.
For wire harnesses, CATIA Equipment tools benefit users by:
- Delivering integrated process coverage to reduce design-to-manufacturing cycle time
- Performing automatic wire length calculation and definition
- Performing quick electrical space reservation within the product, avoiding physical prototypes
- Reducing errors by validating the wire harness and cable assembly installation within the virtual product
For piping and tubing, CATIA equipment applications deliver these user benefits:
- Improve product performance and quality, thanks to standards and material specifications that take design rules, automatic parts placement, and multi-representation into account
- Employ full associativity between 2D schematics and 3D tubing and piping designs
- Improve design time with an intuitive user interface to annotate, validate the model, query data, and generate appropriate report information
- Implement full integration among mechanical, equipment, and system elements, such as associativity between supports and tubes or pipes
- Takes clearance constraints into account to enable complex 3D design of tubing and piping placement