Digital 3D Inspections Made Easy
The new PC-based Master3DGage portable CMM system uses precise, 3D model-based software like Verisurf to quickly and accurately verify part quality—right on a CNC machine or anywhere else in the manufacturing process. There’s no metrology experience needed. Just align the part, inspect it, and report it. First article inspections that used to take hours or days now take just minutes. Use the internal battery to inspect parts where you want, when you want, without being tethered to an AC outlet.
Greater productivity for all types of inspections Master3DGage’s handy, quick-mount CMM system allows easy setup for on-demand measurement and inspections anywhere on the shop floor. Mount Master3DGage right to your machine and check parts quickly, without removing them. In-process verification eliminates worries associated with repositioning parts.
Finish typical inspections, such as blueprint, in-process, incoming, first article and final inspections, quickly—with ease and accuracy. Measurement reports are generated automatically, using industry standard formats, so you will know immediately whether parts are in or out of tolerance.
Scrap rates drop. Profits soar.
Powered by Verisurf’s world-class, model-based software, Master3DGagetm maintains precise digital workflow, from the start of your inspection to the end. The ability to precisely pinpoint and resolve quality issues in real time helps reduce scrap, improve efficiency and boost the productivity of every machine. Bottom line? With the new Master3DGagetm you’ll do more work, with less rework—because both process and results are repeatable, even during high-volume production.
Ultra-accurate, six-axis metrology
Nearly as impressive as its software is the compact CMM it drives: an integrated Hexagon Metrology, six-axis CMM—among the world’s most accurate—with a remarkable measuring volume of 1.2m (4ft). This feature provides superior dimensional control of parts, tooling, molds, castings and more. The innovative counterweight design eliminates user fatigue and assures exceptional accuracy over the full range of measurements. The ergonomic wrist and intuitive, easy-to-reach controls increase comfort and simplify use.
Quality production has never been easier
In a production environment, time is money. But historically, non-digital manual and 2D parts inspections have been very labour intensive. With Master3DGagetm, simplicity and ease of use are designed right in, so that even those with little or no metrology experience can get up to speed quickly. Controls and interface are easy and straightforward, so users spend less time scrolling through screens and more time making quality parts.
Inspections in three easy steps: Align, Inspect, Report
Align: Quickly automate alignment by picking targets on CAD features (datums). Run the routine by probing each target on the part. The Master3DGagetm software walks you through the process with simple, step-by-step instructions.
Inspect: Inspect and view in real time by manually probing or by following automated inspection plans. Easily measure features from precise single points to point clouds. Powerful technology displays variance between the 3D model and the part.
Report: Using the 3D CAD model as the nominal definition, the system quickly generates custom reports in industry standard formats, including GD&T constraints and color deviation maps for clear, practical analysis.
Complete System Comprises
- Six-axis Hexagon Metrology portable CMM
- Tungsten carbide counterweights
- Durable, hard-sided transport case
- Master3DGagetm training part
- Master3DGagetm inspection software
- USB and power cables
- Internal lithium-ion battery
- 1-year warranty
- Certified qualification sphere Size +/- 0.0005mm (0.00002 in)
- Spherical within 0.0001mm (0.000005 in)
- Probe kit with 6 mm ruby sphere probe tip and 15 mm steel ball hard probes with quick disconnect and automatic probe identification
High Accuracy and Precision
E = 5+L/40≤18 P = 8
Per ISO 10 360-2
Supported Operating Systems
Professional or better Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 in 32-bit or 64-bit
Supported File Formats
- ACIS Kernel SAT Files (*.SAT;*.SAB), • Alibre Design Files (*.AD_PRT;*.AD_SMP), • ASCII Files (*.TXT;*.CSV;*.DOC), • AutoCAD Files (*.DWG;*.DXF;*.DWF), • Autodesk Inventor Files (*.IPT;*.IAM; *.IDW), • Cadkey CDL Files (*.CDL), • HPGL Plotter Files (*.PLT), • IGES Files (*.IGS;*.IGES), • KeyCreator Files (*.CKD), • Mastercam Files (*.MCX;*.MC9;*.MC8), • Parasolid Files (*.X_T;*.X_B;*.XMT_TXT), • Rhino 3D Files (*.3DM), • Solid Edge Files (*.PAR;*.PSM;*.ASM)
- SolidWorks Drawing Files (*.SLDDRW), • SolidWorks Files (*.SLDPRT;*.SLDASM), • SpaceClaim Files (*.SCDOC), • STEP Files (*.STP;*.STEP), • Stereolithography Files (*.STL), • VDA Files (*.VDA)
- Optional formats: CATIA V4 Files (*.MODEL;*.EXP), CATIA V5 Files (*.CATPART;*.CATProduct), Pro/E Files (*.PRT;*.ASM;*.PRT.*;*.ASM.*), Unigraphics NX (*.PRT)
Authorized Master3DGage Reseller
© 2010 Verisurf Software, Inc. Master3DGage is a trademark of Verisurf Software, Inc.
Inspection in 3 easy steps: