At a glance
The CATIA Mechanical domain enables the creation of any type of 3D parts, from molded and forged parts, machined parts, sheetmetal parts, to the definition of mechanical assemblies. It provides all the tools needed to complete the product definition, including functional tolerances and annotations directly specified in 3D.
Its products deliver highly productive technologies. It enables designers to concurrently create fully-associative parting surfaces, cores, and cavities of the most complex parts. Advanced process-driven functions, such as the definition of specific drafts and fillets for forged and complex cast parts, avoid the need for manual and lengthy operations while improving manufacturability and productivity.
The CATIA Mechanical portfolio delivers a highly collaborative design environment with full concurrent engineering and unbreakable relational design across the complete extended enterprise. It is built on the collaborative V6 platform to provide a single data model that supports the lowest levels of PLM objects.
The solution includes the following capabilities:
- In-context 3D part and assembly design
- Generative and associative drawing production
- Easy creation of associative 3D tolerance specifications and annotations
- Advanced technologies dedicated to the casting and forging processes
- A functional modeling approach
- Manufacturability assessment
- Healing and feature recognition
- Design validation throughout the design process.
With these capabilities, CATIA Mechanical delivers the following benefits:
- Collaborative design for a pervasive and simple way to boost responsiveness and foster engineering team spirit
- Unbreakable relational design, thanks to a new way to manage links between objects and related behaviors in the collaborative PLM environment
- Functional modeling technology as a core component for smooth and natural transitions between part and assembly
- Unrivalled concurrent engineering capabilities and scalability to maximize efficiency when designing and reusing configured assemblies, especially for complex parts
- Accurate parts placement assembly constraints to facilitate collaborative work in configured assemblies
- High-quality design for all mechanical parts, resulting from strong partnerships with industry leaders from all industries
- Fast design changes by automatically adapting parts and products to new contexts
- Easy and smooth evolution from 2D- to 3D-based design methodologies thanks to comprehensive drawing production with market-leading, fully-associative 3D drafting and consistent drawing updates
- Easy-to-learn, easy-to- use photorealistic rendering
- Mechanism definition and simulation definition for kinematics